PTSD Treatment Near Philadelphia
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, may interfere with your life and make it difficult to perform basic daily functions. Thankfully, professional treatment can make a difference. If you’re ready to work through past traumas and advance in your life, call The Counseling Center at Cherry Hill at 856-600-0951 today. We offer compassionate, experienced PTSD treatment near Philadelphia for adolescents, adults, and veterans in a protected setting.
What Is PTSD?
The psychiatric disorder called Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder has the potential to occur if you undergo or serve as a witness to a traumatic event or series of events.
This can include military conflict, domestic abuse or violence, rape or sexual assaults, serious accidents, natural catastrophes, bullying, or any other highly stressful or ongoing experience that endangers your well-being. Anyone can suffer from PTSD at any time in their life.
PTSD can be debilitating when symptoms interfere with living a typical, content life. These symptoms may include
- Feeling stressed even when you are no longer in danger
- Overwhelming thoughts and nightmares about the traumatic occurrence
- Vivid flashbacks to the occurrence
- Blotting out details of the event
- Keeping away from reminders of the incident, such as people or places involved
- Feelings of humiliation or self-reproach
- Persistent suspicion and fear
- Poor concentration
- Easily startled
- Constantly on guard and mistrustful
- Difficulty sleeping
- Anger and irritability
- Lack of interest in favorite activities
- Withdrawing or feeling detached from others
- Self-destructive or reckless behaviors
- Hopelessness or feeling emotionally numb
Many individuals endure these kinds of symptoms in the time period following a traumatic event. However, PTSD can also arise years after the trauma. Some people can even suffer from PTSD by hearing that someone else -- like a family member or a dear friend -- went through a traumatic event. You may have PTSD if your symptoms endure for more than a month and inhibit you from functioning as usual.
If you struggle with PTSD, the empathetic clinicians at The Counseling Center’s PTSD treatment center near Philadelphia are here to help. Our proficient staff know what you’re dealing with and has experience helping people like you cope with PTSD. Contact us at 856-600-0951 today to schedule an assessment and find out how we will help you get control over traumatic events from your past.
What Is The The Counseling Center Approach For Treating PTSD?
You’re not able to change the reality that you have undergone a traumatic occurrence, but appropriate PTSD treatment near Philadelphia can halt it from wrecking your life. The Counseling Center supplies psychotherapy and medical treatment for PTSD as part of our comprehensive mental health services. We’ll proceed at at your preferred pace to help you recover from trauma and deal with the symptoms of PTSD so you can experience a more content and productive life your health records and symptoms, we’ll create a custom-tailored plan of care with evidence-based therapy and medication to fit your distinct needs for treating PTSD. Call us at 856-600-0951 today to schedule an evaluation and start your customized PTSD treatment near Philadelphia.
Expert PTSD Therapy Near Philadelphia
Talking through your experiences and emotions with a trained therapist is vital for PTSD treatment. Our clinicians are aware of the forceful impact of trauma and keep it in mind during your sessions. Over the course of your treatment, you’ll be able to alter unhealthy thought processes, acquire healthy coping skills, and commence the healing process. Together, we can help you to a place where you’re not merely enduring but flourishing despite past trauma.
The licensed therapists at The Counseling Center employ several types of PTSD therapy near Philadelphia. We will suggest the types of therapy we deem will best accommodate your unique situation. These might include:
- Trauma-informed therapy that focuses on how traumatic events have impacted all areas of your life
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to uncover thought patterns that are inhibiting the healing process
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to cultivate coping skills for controlling the painful emotions emerging from trauma
- Motivational interviewing to discover the internal motivation, so you can make the beneficial changes to advance healing and living a better life
Using Medication For PTSD Symptoms
PTSD can cause many physical and mental symptoms that make life challenging. There are some symptoms that can be managed with the right medications when paired with PTSD therapy near Philadelphia. Our skilled medical team will collaborate with you to figure out when medication is needed and find the right medicine for you. We’ll also perform necessary adjustments and are always ready to take questions to ensure your medicine remains beneficial and safe for you.
Why Seek Help At Our Philadelphia PTSD Treatment Center?
You don’t have to struggle on your own with PTSD. The Counseling Center is available to help, and we offer the best care possible to help you achieve your goals for handling your stressors and trauma. Everything we provide at our PTSD treatment center near Philadelphia prioritizes you as the patient. That involves:
- Credentialed, skilled clinicians and therapists
- Proven therapy and prescription treatments for PTSD
- Treatment personalized for you
- Many types of mental health care
- Conveniently located near Philadelphia
- Flexible schedules with telehealth appointments available
- Most insurance coverages accepted
- Specialized treatment for co-occurring drug or alcohol disorders
- Empathetic, respectful care
Start PTSD Treatment Near Philadelphia
If you have PTSD, you have a right to help. Reach out to us at 856-600-0951 or fill out the form, and we will respond promptly to provide more info about our PTSD treatment. We always answer, regardless of the day or time. We are standing by to help you now.